Application Support - #1326103
Date: Sep 23, 2022
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
Job Title:Application Support
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- The Application Support Specialist will perm a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated users queries.
- Technical support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications
- Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates
- Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle, Strong Analytical Skills
- Manage the success handover of change into the support environment
What will you be doing
- Takes responsibility for technical solution to incidents, and problem, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue
- Takes accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities related to the day to day operations of the Banks production applications related to the individual Product area
- Ownership and prioritisation of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Service Level agreements and Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards, providing regular update to key stakeholders and all levels
- Support the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, absorbing and assimilating the information and providing resources information and education relating to the system technology and function.
- The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
- Provide 24/7 cover and support, providing expertise and specialised system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents outside of business hours
- Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future software problems and to improve the quality of delivered software.
Personal and Interpersonal-
- Demonstrate integrity, initiative and commitment when interacting with colleagues & clients.
- Be aware of personal development needs and work to gain the experiences and training necessary to progress professionally and remain current.
- Gain awareness of process and technical developments relevant to their team.
- Improve knowledge of self in the systems development processes and technologies, infrastructure and service support processes, both current and emerging technology.
- Contribute to the bank's well-being & culture.
- Detailed Knowledge of products/functions outside of day to day area supported
- Takes the lead and can drive engagement with all business users and understand their issues, regardless of Seniority.
- Strong knowledge of Barclays Release and Change process and procedures.
- ITIL v3 certified
- Proven results in Incident/Problem/Change and Release disciplines
- Production of high quality documentation
- Demonstrated ability to resolve Incidents
- Demonstrated ability provide solutions to problems
- Strong understanding of the internal and external environments required to deliver the IT solutions.
- Strong knowledge of key application area, recognised as application expert by their peers and subordinates.
- Strong and proven results in Incident Management and other ITIL disciplines
- Technical Support consisting by use of any languages and technologies
- ITIL V3 foundation certified, previous production support experience, development experience
What we're looking for:
- Evidence of strong experience of IT software support
- Evidence of strong experience working within an ITIL Environment (preferred)
- Large-scale blue-chip organisations such as Barclays (preferred)
- Broad Knowledge of Barclays Group (beneficial)
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Sound time management and organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- On call support, 24.7 available when he/she is on call
Skills that will help you in the role
- Previous second line application support experience.
- Graduate engineering degree
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Knowledge on cloud, openshift
- Knowledge on Alerting& Monitoring tools like AppD, Sql Sentry, Netcool etc.
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.