Test Automation - #1326102
Date: Sep 23, 2022
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- This role is for Automation and Performance Tester who would be responsible to work with multiple business aligned scrum teams conducting performance based testing, engineering and monitoring activities. The engineer will work within the scrum team and members of central Performance Test team to test the performance of the systems, documenting issues and work with whomever it takes to determine root cause of any issues. The measure of success is preventing any significant performance problems from hitting Production at a large scale..
What will you be doing
- Work closely with Performance Test lead interacting with BAs, development groups conduct and participate in line of business performance testing and analysis to ensure performance, stability and scalability of applications
- Understand the NFRs and able to design work load modelling, test scenarios, scripts etc.
- Report on the possibilities of performance failures and make sound decisions for next steps .
- Measure, monitor and capture required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports
- Measure results against business and technical requirements.
- Develop and validate test scripts against business unit-of-work requirements and scripting best practices
- Prioritize and manage multiple initiatives supporting multiple lines of business
- React accordingly to various challenges before, during and after application performance testing engagements
- Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc. to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing
- Able to instrument Java calls/Methods on AppDynamics for performance testing and able to migrate the calls to monitor the applications calls performance in production systems
- Collaborate with Test Leads, Delivery/Business Leads on the delivery of results.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues both proactively and on-demand
- Identifying development needs of junior team members
- Taking proactive steps to maintain skills in relevant specialist areas, and continuously broadening knowledge of systems and technologies used within Barclays Group
What We're Looking For
- Strong skills with Load Runner/HP Performance Center required script creation using VuGen for Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, etc. protocols (as applicable) to emulate the application. All scripts are to be appropriately correlated, parameterized, with any check points, think time need to be added, etc.
- Build custom code with the C programming language to make scripts robust and dynamic.
- Build, Leverage and Maintain effective alliance with Business/Development team.
- Experience with Agile Software development methodologies and able to adapt him/her-self with the fast pace environment.
- Experience with monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics, vmstat, iostat, htop, Splunk.
- Experience with testing applications on cloud based environment like Amazon Cloud (AWS), Microsoft Cloud (Azure), Google Cloud etc.
- Experience with testing DB's like Mongo DB and Oracle DB's
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Conceptual Understanding/Hands on of AIX, VMware, Tomcat, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Prior experience/knowledge working with Banking Domain/Application
- Prior experience with Tuning/optimization of .NET/J2EE Applications
- Experience in writing simple monitoring and data extraction tools in Java, Python, and/or Unix shell
- Experience of working and implementation of CICD pipeline.
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.