ETL Technical Lead - #1325983
Date: Sep 23, 2022
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
ETL Technical Lead
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Design, Develop and Support solutions for the EDP Frameworks that cater to requirements across various areas. Build generic modules, support technical queries and work on implementation processes.
- Ability to interpret user stories/ requirements and convert them into usable and generic frameworks.
- Ability to develop tools in the most efficient manner with fastest cycle time.
- Ability to work in Agile Teams and support Agile Testing
- Define strategy and implementation plan for the migration of data from On-Prem to Cloud.
- Build frameworks for Cloud data processing and support its adoption.
- Perform enhancements and BAU support for existing wide-range of implemented frameworks.
What will you be doingLeading Others
- Responsible for coordinating, participating in, and is responsible for, the work of a team of managed services/ contractors on a need basis.
- Making effective use of resources during the various stages of the work, ensuring that business objectives are met and deliverables achieved to agreed time, and quality
- Providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues (as required).
- Putting in place mechanisms and procedures for the structured review of work produced and ensuring that these are adhered to.
- Establishing and maintaining agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to.
- Building and maintaining an expert understanding of the various stages of software development, enhancements, and support (where required).
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of programmed design, creation, testing and documentation.
- Interfacing with other teams, sharing technical knowledge and expertise and resolving issues as necessary. Acting as a point of reference for both internal and external technical queries.
- Assisting with the implementation of operational objectives for relevant team/programme.
- Supporting the implementation of strategy and policy issues by involvement in development/change and/or advice to other technical areas and making recommendations to improve procedures and working practices.
Taking part in evaluations and reviews of programming methods, tools and standards.
What we're looking for:
- Good skills in developing, unit testing, maintaining application code and delivering within timelines - ETL/ Ab Initio, Open source tech, Python, Unix Shell Scripting, Database knowledge
- Ability to engage with Stakeholders, elicit requirements/ user stories and translate requirements into build components.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to understand the infrastructure setup, horizontal teams involved and be able to provide solutions either individually or working with teams.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data Warehousing and Hadoop clusters.
- Should have worked on at least two major project implementations as Technical Lead / Designer.
- Good learnability and analytical skills.
- Understanding of multiple architectures, migration vision and governance processes.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- AWS or any other Cloud services
- Open source technology - Spark/Scala/Java/Python and knowledge of shell scripting
- DevOps implementations and automation of code migration / packaging.
- Understanding the generic framework build principles.
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.